The Institute of Neurobiology (Dept. Prof. Dr. Burgalossi) at the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen is looking for a
Laboratory technician/technical assistant (m/f)
with an employment of 100% (39.5 hours per week). The position is now available for 1.5 years with possibility of extension.
- Cutting of tissue sections (Cryostat and Vibrotom)
- Immunohistochemical and biochemical methods.
- Fluorescence Microscopy
- Laboratory management, coordination and supervision of animal breeding (mice)
- Molecular techniques (DNA extraction, PCR, electrophoresis gel, among others)
- Taking over the ordering processes and general laboratory organisation.
*Required technical methods can be learned
- Education as BTA, MTA or biology laboratory technician
*Opportunities also for BSc/MSc biology with future academic perspectives
- Ability to work in a team and communication skills (in an international team of scientists)
- Good written and spoken English skills
We offer remuneration in accordance with TV-L.
PhD and Postdocs In-vivo Electrophysiology, Optogenetics and Behavior
The Burgalossi lab (www.burgalossilab.com) at the Werner Reichardt Centre for Integrative Neuroscience (CIN) in Tübingen has several openings for PhD students and Postdocs (flexible starting dates). Possible projects involve the use of single-cell recording techniques (and optogenetics) for monitoring (and selectively manipulating) the activity of specific neuronal cell types in mice performing spatial memory tasks during ‘virtual-navigation’ or natural behaviors.
Programming skills and previous experience with electrophysiology techniques (especially extracellular recordings) are desirable, but not essential.
Applications should contain CV and names of at least two referees. Please send your application (or informal inquiries) electronically to Andrea Burgalossi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Student Research Assistant (HiWi)
Student Research Assistants (HiWi) will be involved in the development of tools for the acquisition and analysis of electrophysiological and behavioural data. Good analytical and programming skills (e.g. Matlab) are required.
For application or inquiries, please contact email@example.com
Burgalossi Lab - Werner Reichardt Centre for Integrative Neuroscience - Otfried-Müller-Str. 25, 72076 Tübingen (Germany)